Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: walleye
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys . I've been doing a lot of different fish this year started it with walleye thought I'd end it on them to. Looking for water close to home kinda thing . live in Hamilton work nights so be going during day .. Any tips spots would help a lot thanks .
sorry dunno of any spots out west... but if your ever out east there's tons of spots... any of the kawartha lakes would be good for walleye... if your talking about shore fishing, you could try Young's Point... part of the Trent Severn canals, very popular spot for walleye... but can get crowded... best times would be early morning or night time... during the day there's too much boat traffic
(04-27-2014 07:31 PM)fishingdude888 Wrote: [ -> ]sorry dunno of any spots out west... but if your ever out east there's tons of spots... any of the kawartha lakes would be good for walleye... if your talking about shore fishing, you could try Young's Point... part of the Trent Severn canals, very popular spot for walleye... but can get crowded... best times would be early morning or night time... during the day there's too much boat traffic

I'm planning to drive through Young's Point (to Bancroft) soon, and looking for places to stop and cast. Assume there's public shore access from the Conservation area there?
-Dave
Hastings would be another one to try.
You can try the rideau canal in ottawa, kinda far, but I here there are so much walleye in that river, but they're probably not on the bite this time of year.
Reference URL's