Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Greetings :) New here.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello hello

I`m sure this will be the first of many post...

I love all kinds of fishing, flyfishing probably being my favorite, but lately I`ve really been into bottom fishing for say Carp or Channel cats especially since it`s one method I haven`t been particularly successful in yet... I hope to master it this year.

I also love exploring local areas for shore fishing opportunities, especially this day and age where we`re spending longer hours at work, higher gas prices, rendering it harder for most of us to get up north fishing.

Fishin Envy
Welcome aboard! you got a number of people with Carp and Channel cat expereince here they should be able help you out!
Welcome,

The forum does a couple Carp meetups every spring and summer and we'd be happy to have you join. mcfly on the forum is probably our best Carp fisherman here but we do also have some experienced memebers here in regards to Carp and Cats. OldTimer is very knowledgeable with Channel Cats.

I'm starting to get the hang of Carp, little by little so I can always try to help if you need any.

Giuga10
I`m definitely looking forward to sharing advice and tips on carp and channel catfishing. I`d be happy to exchange my knowledge in flyfishing and gamefishing... Carp seem to have me stumped.. There`s a hole in my local river where you can see them in the dozens and can`t get one to hit, but yet I`ve landed many a brown trout and bass here no problem..
(03-18-2014 04:19 PM)Dropshot Wrote: [ -> ]I`m definitely looking forward to sharing advice and tips on carp and channel catfishing. I`d be happy to exchange my knowledge in flyfishing and gamefishing... Carp seem to have me stumped.. There`s a hole in my local river where you can see them in the dozens and can`t get one to hit, but yet I`ve landed many a brown trout and bass here no problem..

What are your trying?
(03-18-2014 06:07 PM)zippyFX Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-18-2014 04:19 PM)Dropshot Wrote: [ -> ]I`m definitely looking forward to sharing advice and tips on carp and channel catfishing. I`d be happy to exchange my knowledge in flyfishing and gamefishing... Carp seem to have me stumped.. There`s a hole in my local river where you can see them in the dozens and can`t get one to hit, but yet I`ve landed many a brown trout and bass here no problem..

What are your trying?

I've tried Worms, corn, doughballs... The issue here is that with the corn and dough, the bloody chubs get to it before the carp can.
Hey man!

I dig your blog. We seem to share a common ethos when it comes to angling.

If it's carp you're after and don't mind driving to the St. Lawrence, let me know and I can pretty much assure you'll be in for the best carp fishing of your life. I have all necessary gear. June is best.
(03-20-2014 08:26 PM)Eli Wrote: [ -> ]Hey man!

I dig your blog. We seem to share a common ethos when it comes to angling.

If it's carp you're after and don't mind driving to the St. Lawrence, let me know and I can pretty much assure you'll be in for the best carp fishing of your life. I have all necessary gear. June is best.

Hey hey ...

Thanks for the compliments...

Oh up by the St Larwence I'd probably be more interested to hooking up into a Gar, Musky or Channel Cat then! You're definitely in a prime fishing area there. I'd have to make it up sometime this spring/summer then... I wonder if the Stripers will ever make it up the St Larwence and become permanent residents... I've read an article about that being a possibility...
Reference URL's