Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Guests When Fishing....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So what have you have visit you when you have been fishing?

This is my list:

- Beavers. Damn, beavers, the Ottawa is full of them, the rideau not so much but they are there.... When they sneak up on me and give me that tail slap I jump about a foot.

- A goose.... Offended that I was not offering it anything decided to jump on my back and squack... I had to leave the spot.

- Otters... Kind of creepy watching them slink toward you in the inky darkness in the peaceful morning calm.

- Amorous raccoons... Who new they are so loud when they are passionate. Pretty nibble too, pretty high up to be going at it on such a small branch.

- A pelated woodpecker who got a kick out of pecking at a stop sign. I think he just like the sound of dining metal.

- Drug dealer (I'm pretty sure at least).... My catfishing spot has a drug dealer who drives into the lot every 30 minutes looks for customers and goes away. He gives me the once over with his headlights the first time he seems me every evening. When the water level is lower I can find more secluded spot but for now I guess we have to tolerate each other.
(05-09-2014 11:22 AM)zippyFX Wrote: [ -> ]- Drug dealer (I'm pretty sure at least).... My catfishing spot has a drug dealer who drives into the lot every 30 minutes looks for customers and goes away. He gives me the once over with his headlights the first time he seems me every evening. When the water level is lower I can find more secluded spot but for now I guess we have to tolerate each other.

Reminds me of that episode of King of the Hill! LOL

There are at least a pair of minks at one of my regular spots. Had to do some research to find out what they were. They like to feast on crayfish, and there's shrapnel everywhere once they start
A quick list - Just off the top of my head:

Beavers
Minks
Muskrats
Canadian Geese (that's rare huh?)
Mallards
Wood Ducks
Mergansers
Seagulls
Deer (4 or 5 times now)
Black Bear (also totalled our tent and one backpack)
Water Snakes
at least three different species of turtles
Manitee
Pelicans ( a bigger pain than Canadian Geese)
Alligator - now this scared me!

and a long time ago - an irate land owner waving a double barrel shotgun at me.

Cheers,

OldTimer
Geese
Ducks
Beavers
White Swans
Pelicans
Snapping Turtles
Painted Turtles
Garder Snakes
Rats (I've seen too many of these guys)
Mice
Minks
Seagulls
Deer
Racoon
A group of guys that like to come feed the ducks bread, and turn the once peaceful pond to an all out war of the birds.

And people trying to steal my bike... Actually had to chase one guy down while wearing crocs and take my bike back...
I haven't been out many times, very new to fishing but have had some nice visitors during my time.

- geese (who i swear were following us around the islands)
- white swan
- otter
- snake (didn't even really see it till it nearly slithered onto my leg)
- seagull
- turtle
- dogs (which i blame my beef jerky for lol)
- and way tooooo many unwanted mosquito's =p
One night last week I was trying for Pike but only managed to score some crappie and bullhead. This guy spent most of the night making sure my large minnow remained active.

[Image: GJY0WQz.jpg]

Quite large with what looks like a healed crack in the back.

One time in the evening I caught him stalking a lure that was hanging over the dock. He approached motionless waiting for my lure to fall into the water.

Just me, him and about a bizzilion mosquitoes that night.
Nice shot of the snapper there zippy. I wonder what caused that injury?
i had a loon chase my swimbait one time.....good thing i noticed it in the water and got it out before it could inhale the bait....usually will see them close to us but never had one interested in what we were throwing...
(07-13-2014 08:35 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]Nice shot of the snapper there zippy. I wonder what caused that injury?

All season radials.
Reference URL's