Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: New to fishing. Looking for some technical helps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
I have just got my first fishing licence. I am currently living in Mississauga. Lakeshore will be my first choice for fishing. I am trying to learn ABCs of fishing. So, any suggestions and technical aspects (such as appropriate rod, rig and bait for different fish species) will be highly appreciated. Or, if you know any website regarding this information, plz let me know.
Thank you very much for your help.
For general beginner fishing, I suggest a Medium Power Rod 6'6"-7' long, spinning reel (or closed faced reel for those with casting trouble, it's the one where you push a button to release line), 6-8lb monofilament line, and basic tackle like hooks (size 4-6 is generally good for many species) and sinkers (bell sinkers are good, 1/8 to 1/4oz). Tie the hook on your line about 12" above a bell sinker and you have created a dropshot rig. Add bait of your choice like a worm and cast out into the water to catch fish.

I did this for 10 years before I used anything else, and I caught thousands of fish with that basic setup.
Thank you Toasty
(05-28-2014 10:16 AM)VB SEN Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
I have just got my first fishing licence. I am currently living in Mississauga. Lakeshore will be my first choice for fishing. I am trying to learn ABCs of fishing. So, any suggestions and technical aspects (such as appropriate rod, rig and bait for different fish species) will be highly appreciated. Or, if you know any website regarding this information, plz let me know.
Thank you very much for your help.

Hi VeeBeeSen

Welcome to OSF.

The basics:

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/en/Business/Let...65423.html

Want to learn a whole bunch more?............. read the “Articles” posts on this site………………………

Cheers,

OldTimer
Thank you very much OldTimer!
Welcome!
Reference URL's