Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Milne Park June 4th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In reading past reports, I see there are several members in and around Markham. I'm going to have a few hours to kill after work next Wednesday, 3:45 to 6:30 ish, and was going to check out Milne if it isn't pouring rain. Anyone who knows the area want to join me? I'd also be grateful for any insider info if you can't make it. Not looking for any specific species, and all will be released anyway. I'd be quite happy with a carp or a sucker as I've never caught either yet.
(05-28-2014 12:52 PM)Fossil Fish Wrote: [ -> ]In reading past reports, I see there are several members in and around Markham. I'm going to have a few hours to kill after work next Wednesday, 3:45 to 6:30 ish, and was going to check out Milne if it isn't pouring rain. Anyone who knows the area want to join me? I'd also be grateful for any insider info if you can't make it. Not looking for any specific species, and all will be released anyway. I'd be quite happy with a carp or a sucker as I've never caught either yet.

I've seen carp in there, I'd imagine there are panfish and maybe some smaller bass, it's a pretty shallow pond but quite wide.
There are carp there, but I have found them to be an incredible challenge to catch. This time of year they may have begun spawning, which puts them out of feeding mood. If they are spawning they will be very visible, which is exciting to watch! You'll see them swirling around in the shallows and near shore (the water is only a few feet deep there at most). I sent you a PM, hopefully stars align and we can meet up.

There are plenty of self-proclaimed Markhamites registered, but I think they are in hiding Tongue.
(05-29-2014 07:44 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]I think they are in hiding Tongue.
Cool
(05-29-2014 07:44 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]There are plenty of self-proclaimed Markhamites registered, but I think they are in hiding Tongue.

Shhhh
A tip if you have not been here before. I have been there last year. There is a steep hill to get to what the park staff call 'fishermans shore'. I think it is like a 45 degree slope. When it is dry you are ok. When I was there last year (or was it the year before...I forgot) I biked into the park when it was dry. I stayed a bit longer then I should have knowing the thunder showers was coming. Let me tell you, trying to climb the hill when wet with rain rolling down the slope is NOT fun. Add in the compounded weight of the bike and it was a hoot climbing the hill and not sliding back down. Add in the danger that it was lightening then and you have to cross wide open fields in between the tree breaks was a hair raising experience given the bike was a lighting magnet. I had to trace the tree line and chance it with a crouching dash between the new tree line breaks before reaching the parking lot. I parked at the Timmys as I did not want to pay like $5-10 parking and had the bike.

So anyways, just a warning if going be aware of the slope and go a few days of dry weather so the ground hardens up. Also they do not allow you to tie anything to the trees even if you have a hammock or tarp should it rain. Everything has to be free standing. I'm sure you may be able to argue the tree straps if you have an expensive Hennessy hamock as thier straps are designed not to harm trees.
Reference URL's