Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Didn't realize...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There was a fishing forum for us landlubbers in Ontario! Blush

I belong to a couple of other fishing forums, they have been great but for the most part they are geared to anglers with boats and seeing as I don't have one, haven't participated much as it's hard to compete with a wheelbarrow full of perch! Big Grin

Anyhooo.. not new to fishing.. been doing it since I was 7 or 8. My stomping ground is the Grand River in the Brantford area. I know some of it like the back of my hand.

However as I got older and got a licence to drive.. have hit other places.. ie Turkey Point, Niagara area, Woodstock, Bobcaygeon, Hamilton and Burlington area.

Not much of a trout/salmon guy.. I never inherited that ability. Smallmouth, yellow perch, white perch, silver bass and jumbo rock bass are my fav's to catch.

When I am not fishing, I dabble in wildlife/nature photography.

I could write a book here but I'll stop here! Big Grin
wheres a good spot for white perch and silver bass.
It all depends on where you live and how far you are willing to drive.

Nothing in the Brantford area, you can get silver bass down in Dunnville but you gotta get there at 4am in order to snag a spot.

Or take a drive down to the Windsor/Sarnia area and try your luck along the Detroit River.
(05-29-2014 07:51 AM)Bassmaster Wrote: [ -> ]There was a fishing forum for us landlubbers in Ontario! Blush

I belong to a couple of other fishing forums, they have been great but for the most part they are geared to anglers with boats and seeing as I don't have one, haven't participated much as it's hard to compete with a wheelbarrow full of perch! Big Grin

Anyhooo.. not new to fishing.. been doing it since I was 7 or 8. My stomping ground is the Grand River in the Brantford area. I know some of it like the back of my hand.

However as I got older and got a licence to drive.. have hit other places.. ie Turkey Point, Niagara area, Woodstock, Bobcaygeon, Hamilton and Burlington area.

Not much of a trout/salmon guy.. I never inherited that ability. Smallmouth, yellow perch, white perch, silver bass and jumbo rock bass are my fav's to catch.

When I am not fishing, I dabble in wildlife/nature photography.

I could write a book here but I'll stop here! Big Grin

Welcome to OSF.

Cheers,

OldTimer
Welcome!
Reference URL's