Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: New to the forums!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!
I'm new to the forums and just recently started fishing for the first time since I was young. I've hit the sport again hard, I've been out almost every day to different spots around the GTA and am loving it.

Recently I've taken a liking to TTP, caught a nice size pike there the other day - could have been a fluke.

Does anyone have any tips for targeting various fish species around the park/what to look for?

It was pretty cool, a friend of mine pulled a 4lb snakehead out of there yesterday!

Anyway, just thought I'd say hello!
I'll be heading back there after work this evening if anyone would like to meet up! I bring a bike so that I can cover more ground
Whoops, upon further research it was a bowfin not a snakehead!
Wow a bowfin? That's pretty rare I believe! I've never even seen one in real life. I usually hit TTP in the late summer, while waiting for the salmon run. There are huge carp, all over 20lb and some up in the mid 30s. I've even heard rumours of 40lbers caught there too. Heard about the Pike too but I haven't really fished for them before. I've caught decent browns and steelhead at TTP in the fall right before ice. Nothing like taking hero shots with the CN Tower in the background!
Hi ToastLightning,

Welcome to OSF.

Cheers,

OldTimer
Welcome! Hope you get a bowfin as we'll.
Welcome!
Im new too.. Welcome! Smile
Reference URL's