Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Southern part of Humber River - Old Mills Town Road
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This weekend I went down to the bridge at Old Mills Town (Etienne Brule Park). Though it would be an exciting place as my kids are still learinign with casting, so to throw the line straight down the bridge is much fun and interesting for them.

But forget about the bridge, ther was absolutely no water down there. I mean the water in the Humber River was barely enough to cover the sole and my feet, so how on earth can there be any fish in there.

So wanted to know you guys, as to :
1). if this is normal for this month of the year
2). When can we expect more water to be in the Humber River
3). And pls pls let me know if there;s another bridge where I can take my kids to fish.

Thanks in advance !!
Right now its low because there hasn't been any rain in awhile. When waters are low, you gotta trek and look for deeper pools and fish should be holding there. I believe under the subway bridge should hold deeper water. Also if you go a bit further south along the humber, you will see the marina and the water there is very deep.
Hi instapump416,

Incidentally, i did went down to Lake Shore as well (the very end of Humber) and water was there for sure Smile but no fishes this time.

There were a total of 7 men there and only 1 was able to get 2 Crapies.

So am still on the hunt for a good and exciting on-shore fishing site, specially for the kids.
I sent you a pm
(06-09-2014 09:20 AM)shaikhzees Wrote: [ -> ]This weekend I went down to the bridge at Old Mills Town (Etienne Brule Park).

You may already know this, but just in case you don't here's a heads up: Don't fish too close to the weir upstream from the bridge, it's illegal for about 200ft downstream if I recall correctly, I haven't been there in a while. It's signed, unless vandals have torn them down. The Ministry regularly stakes out that park looking for violators.
Oh Thx Dave - i'll be more careful next time. And yes, there was no sign stating this.
Reference URL's