Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Port Bruce?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

Has anyone ever been to Port Bruce? If so, thoughts? Suggestions? I've heard good perch, but Im not sure about actual shore spots?

I'm really looking for someplace different to take my dad for fathers day.. We've been all around K-W, but Im looking for something within 90 minutes of Kitchener... Prefer areas that have Perch, Walleye and Catfish... Since Bass is clearly not an option.. yet Wink

Your input is greatly appreciated!
I've been to Port Bruce a couple of times, the last couple of years had been pretty good off the pier. If the perch are on fire.. the place is literally crammed with anglers. If not you'll have room to experiment. Based on reports from another board I belong too, it's been spotty this season due in part to the harsh winter we had. Yellow Perch, Sheepies and White Perch are the main things caught off the pier. Haven't really heard of pickerel or cats off the pier.

The only place I can think of that might fit your criteria would be Dunnville/Pt. Maitland. I have personally seen decent pickerel caught in both places. Dunnville is decent but you need to show up at 3-4am to get even an inch of land to fish. The other trick is to fish off the bridge. Port Maitland is more than 90 min from KW.

Perhaps someone else will chime in Smile
Thank you!
Reference URL's