Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Hastings?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

First off, this is my first post on this forum!

I was just wondering if the Trent Severn dam in Hastings is a good place to fish.. mainly looking for nice smallmouth and largemouth bass, but am welcome to catching anything. Also, is the water there clean enough that you can eat the fish?

Thanks guys!
Hastings is an awesome place to fish all around... Pm me if you want some spots.
Excellent spots around Hastings. As far as I know the water is clean for eating the fish.
Caught a 4-5lb largemouth bass at Hastings dam 2 summers ago. Safe for eating! Had it for dinner the next day
Thanks for the replies guys.. I was actually at the Hastings Dam yesterday. Caught a small bass, a small sunfish and a few gobies. Really disappointed so I headed over to Gores Landing. Just gobies and tiny fish, including a 2 inch sunfish!
Roughly what time were you there? I usually go around 4-7am sunrise.

I got really disappointed with Hastings over the past 2 years...

I've been to Gores Landing roughly 4 times, all we got were sunfishes.
(08-20-2014 04:08 PM)Panfish Wrote: [ -> ]Roughly what time were you there? I usually go around 4-7am sunrise.

I got really disappointed with Hastings over the past 2 years...

I've been to Gores Landing roughly 4 times, all we got were sunfishes.

I was there around noon. Lots of people were there.

Thing is, we normally fish at the Burleigh Falls dam, but they seemed to be fixing up the place, so they keep the dam closed and so water levels are low and we've had no luck there recently. I read online that people fish at the Scotts Mills dam as well, so we tried there and there was a door preventing us to go to the bridge, so then we tried Hastings then Gores Landing.

A bunch of people were at Gores Landing as well, but only one person caught a sunfish. Literally about 10 people there, but no one caught anything and everyone was using different types of baits.
Reference URL's