Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Keep your eyes open please, lost canoe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not mine, just passing on a request from a fellow angler: http://www.kawarthaanglers.com/forum/vie...f=7&t=9583

Sorry, site requires a log-in. If anyone sees it just contact me and I'll get hold of the poster:

Quote:If anyone on here happens to see a red fibreglass canoe floating around Cameron or in the Burnt River, please let me know. It was last seen on Thursday night a few bends down river from Burnt River rd, it can be anywhere by now.
The water came up and took it away earlier in the week. Any help would be great, thanks.
I was a friend's cottage last weekend and noticed a few docks were underwater. Could easily see sort of thing happening.
Hope you get your canoe back!

I remember four years ago we saw a twin dock with a 16' boat floating down the Ottawa River. This was the night after some serious rain and the river rose very rapidly. I considered casting at it to try to bring it to shore but figured I'd either brake off the hook or strip the real gears so I just let it continue on it's way to Montreal.
Reference URL's