Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Ontario Parks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I love Ontario Parks, there is so much to explore so much to see.

We do have a few national parks close to us as well.

So what is your favorite provincial/national park and why?
Which park would you suggest?
Whats special about the park?

Tell us as much as you can about your experience there Smile
Feel free to post pictures as well

So far I have been to:

Bruce Peninsula National Park -- amazing blue waters -- scuba diving, snorkeling... amazing trails

Algonquin prov. Park - Whitefish lake - we had a bear cub visit us -- that was an exciting experience Tongue
the canoes are delivered to your site which is extremely convenient

Bon Echo Prov. park -- climb the trail and scream to hear your voice echo

Sibbalds point prov. park - a great family spot -- bbq, volleyball ... lake simcoe is fun to swim in

Darlington Prov. Park & Emily Provincial Park-- dont remember much?

Six Mile Lake Prov. park -- rents out paddle boats and canoes --- lake is shared by cottages, remember seeing fish by the shore not sure what kind... lots of seaweed (if thats possible)

Presqu'ile prov. park --- not sure which lake it is.... but it was so much fun... i felt like I was in the ocean... oh yeah and I remember chasing after frogs... lol

Awenda Prov. park --- snakes in the water <-- need I say more?

I think thats about it.. might be missing a few...
Went camping at Emily provincial park last summer. Had fun..my first time camping.
That's a great summary of awesome places I have to adventure to!

I'm confident that the 2 most beautiful places in Ontario are Tobermory and Killarney Provincial Park.

Some pics from Killarney from 2 trips of 2011, I'm going to keep going there!

[Image: 260062_1736319941882_1655100061_1291975_999950_n.jpg]

[Image: 262033_1736313741727_1655100061_1291918_3406609_n.jpg]

[Image: 316710_10150277488008068_507028067_77634...5287_n.jpg]

This is just a small part of it.

[Image: killarney_bay_inn_05.jpg]

[Image: Lakes_of_Killarney.JPG]

Absolutely gorgeous! My favorite lakes are O.S.A. and Killarney. The west side of the park from Silver Peak is mountainous. East of Silver peak it is more flat. Canoe through those lakes into a smaller, more private lake for a great wilderness experience!
Does Killarney even have fish? I've heard from someone who did the Ontario Ranger program that it doesn't.

I myself have been camping since I was 2 months old in most of the parks here in Southern Ontario, but in recent years (and what I can remember lol) I've been to Algonquin (Rock Lake), restoule, bonnechere, halfway lake, six mile lake, killbear, Mikisew, Serpent Mounds (not a PP but a conservation area owned by a First Nations). All offer phenomenal fishing (except Killbear, haven't really fished there), and am returning to restoule this June and bonnechere later in the summer (expect some reports)
(04-18-2012 11:59 AM)bettercallsaul Wrote: [ -> ]Does Killarney even have fish? I've heard from someone who did the Ontario Ranger program that it doesn't.

Partly correct, lots of lakes are either fishing sanctuaries or dead lakes with no vegetation. The dead lakes are cool-aid blue, very beautiful.

But there is a superstar lake I had the chance to fish. Three Narrows Lake is loaded with bass and pike (got my first pike there). It's so hard to get to that it's a well-preserved fishery. About a 5km portage if I remember.
(04-18-2012 12:43 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-18-2012 11:59 AM)bettercallsaul Wrote: [ -> ]Does Killarney even have fish? I've heard from someone who did the Ontario Ranger program that it doesn't.

Partly correct, lots of lakes are either fishing sanctuaries or dead lakes with no vegetation. The dead lakes are cool-aid blue, very beautiful.

But there is a superstar lake I had the chance to fish. Three Narrows Lake is loaded with bass and pike (got my first pike there). It's so hard to get to that it's a well-preserved fishery. About a 5km portage if I remember.

I would recommend checking out Halfway Lake. The fishing on the main lake is pretty good, but it has tons of back lakes that are canoe accessible and have phenomenal fishing
Reference URL's