Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: New to the forum and the sport
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

Name is Shant, I'm new to this form, and quite new to the sport of fishing. Started the bug back in Jan of 2014 with Ice Fishing and have made time for it almost every other weekend since.

Mainly Simoce (ice) and Sturgeon (summer). Trying to find new shore locations to get in some fishing time when boat rentals aren't available. Will be trying out Scugog sometime soon.

Any tips for shore fishing for a newbie is thankful in advance.
Welcome! Scugog is a great lake but is tricky from shore, there are only a few spots that can provide good fishing, that is if you're fishing for Bass, if you are fishing for whatever that bites Scugog is great, lot's of Panfish from shore with the chance of a Walleye or Bass.
Sturgeon is a great Musky lake. Caught many?

Welcome to OSF

Cheers,

OldTimer
Thanks for the replies. I gave scugog a chance on Sunday, no luck whatsoever and seemed like that was the case for everybody there. As for sturgeon and musky, im very new to fishing and learning as I go, so far I've caught a small walleye, small mouth bass, tons of perch, crappie and sunfish.
Reference URL's