Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Canal Lake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Someone at work mentioned that Canal Lake is a good place to shore fish. Anyone have any comments?
There are plenty of spots around there, try looking on Google Maps and you should find some. Just looked myself, apparently there are no street views around it. One place is at 44.577764,-79.040556, drove by last night and there were a couple of vehicles there. A minute later I almost hit the car of some idiot who had parked illegally on the causeway, make sure you don't do that.
What can you catch in this lake?
Myself and a friend used to run a bass tournament there, numbers and weights at weigh-in were comparable to other lakes. There are probably muskie, and panfish. Walleye doubtful, it's fairly shallow.
The MOE fish consumption guide has an entry on that lake for walleye, along with a bunch of other species, including pike... that says nothing of abundance of course but they can't take samples of fish that don't exist. http://www.ontario.ca/environment-and-en...d=44347903
Reference URL's