Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Ottawa shore fishing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Going to Ottawa this weekend and thinking of "dropping a line". Any recommendations of locations in Ottawa would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
The Pike, Musky, Walleye bite are reported be fairly good as the weather cools. The Canal has been drained and is low from the Ottawa down through town.

Many people have been posting about success along the Ottawa in town.
Rideau canal has been filled with walleye. It's the one fish your guaranteed to catch. I have friends that went down there two or three times this year because the walleye bite is hot! Don't know if you can get them now though, the season's falling late.
Not sure hot spots now but can tell you cold spots! Was at a city park at the west end the other night and got nada. Couple of other fishermen were using minnows but they didn't look successful. I didn't stay long enough to know.

Very curious if the section behind library archive is good this time of the year.....
I tried it once a couple of years ago in November and did not have any luck at the time. Withte cold in the wind the next couple of days I think anything not sheltered or not a hole will be hit and miss.
Dick Bell park and a few spots around Petrie Island can produce walleye from shore this time of year. Be prepared to share the bank with gaggles of white bucket Cossacks.
Reference URL's