Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Kawarthas Fall from Shore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,
I've got a day off this Friday and going up through the Kawarthas to a friend's place just north of Bancroft for the night.
Any suggestions on where to fish from shore in that area? (looked into renting a boat on a lake but everyone seems to have shut down operations now). Species doesn't matter, just whatever's biting this time of year.
Would like to hit a place in the morning on the way up, then somewhere in Bancroft in the evening.
We'll be going to Peterborough and taking Hwy 28 up towards Bancroft. I was thinking Young's Point at Lock 27 on the way up.
Up in Bancroft I was thinking High Falls dam and/or Horseshoe bay, or elsewhere on the York River.
Thoughts always welcome.
I don't know the area that well but I fished the river running through town last time I was their; there were bass, likley some pike as well.... There are picnic areas periodically and boat launches. Not sure what they are like in the fall.
you can try in lakefield....in town there is a bridge right by the lock.....i've never fished there before but it looks like it could be a decent spot from shore....
Thanks, guys. Good to have some options and ideas.
Reference URL's