Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Winter fishing in downtown toronto (on shore and on ice)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looking to try fishing downtown by ferry docks area or the waterfront. Would like to know what is biting this time of year? What bait and rig tie setup would work best?

As of this posting (hoping to help others searching this in the future) it has been warm winter so far with a few cold snaps but mostly hovering a few degrees above zero. I think the ferry dock area would be still flowing with water and as I am rarely downtown in winter I am not even sure it ever freezes over.

I still have nightcrawlers I plucked out of the ground in end of nov and start of dec which I was surprised they still came up at night in +7c after the ground froze up a few times. So I do have earth worms as well as plastic grubs (2" including tail), some tear drop weights, splitshot weights, and a couple small jigheads.

What times would be ideal fishing in that area? What is the depth around the ferrydocks area or harbour square?

Thanks in advance.
Reference URL's