Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Good Places For Pike
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(05-09-2015 12:56 PM)Latenightcam Wrote: [ -> ]Pike and bass are catch and release all year there.

Uh, are you sure about that? I can't find anything in the regulations that allows for a year round season on either pike or bass in Niapenco.
(05-11-2015 03:54 PM)Dave Bailey Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-09-2015 12:56 PM)Latenightcam Wrote: [ -> ]Pike and bass are catch and release all year there.

Uh, are you sure about that? I can't find anything in the regulations that allows for a year round season on either pike or bass in Niapenco.

I think what Latenightcam meant is that pike and bass (and walleye) are catch and release throughout their open season. But you're right, that's not the same as being C&R all year, since during the closed season you wouldn't be allowed to target them even for C&R.

And the C&R rule is not an MNR fishing regulation, but a policy of the conservation authority, which owns the property. From the Binbrook Conservation Area website: "A catch and release policy is presently in effect for walleye (pickerel), northern pike, and bass. This policy will help develop a sustainable fish population in the reservoir." http://www.npca.ca/conservation-areas/binbrook/

So to summarize: Regular FMZ 16 seasons apply in Lake Niapenco. There are no exceptions for the lake found in the fishing regs, but conservation area rules say to release the pike, walleye and bass you catch.
Yes sorry. My wording was off on that. You must release even when in season.
Back on the Island Lake (Orangeville) option I named earlier, see this recent post on the OODMag forum: http://www.oodmag.com/community/showthre...ation-Area

Seems they don't actually let you fish from the dams or bridges/boardwalks I mentioned, but it makes it sound like there are shore fishing opportunities along the south shore. Also, boat rentals.
Thanks for sharing
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's