Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: my intro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum and to fishing. I have had a fishing rod for almost 2years but I never had a license or anyone to show me. This year I decided to pick it up, clean the dust from the "total tackle kit" I got and get fishing. I have pulled out weed, mud and a few sticks, I know I had a bite or two, but soon be pulling out one big 5cm something flipper.

I ride a motorcycle and love camping, so I figure fishing could help me improve my diet while out on a trip and also just give me some down time near water, so far I am still packing lots of extra food when I go camping Tongue.

My dad never taught me how to fish because is not a common thing to do back home, so i have never cleaned a fish, but I am sure this summer it will happen, until then is just plain catch and release.

A
Hey Afelotreyu,

Welcome to OSF and a great pastime & sport,................. and one where its never too early, nor too late to get involved and enjoy the total experience.

A great place to start is on the MNR site where'll you'll see the regulations, get a licence (recommended if you haven't done so already) and get some basic knowledge of the "how to's".

http://ontarioshorefishing.com/forum/Thr...rn-to-Fish

The sport can be as simple and low cost .... or as complicated and as expensive as you might wish.

The fish are not cunning and they certainly don't belong to Mensa,........ but they do have certain preferences, needs, and instincts.

Success will come and become more frequent as your experience and outing count grows.

Cheers,

OldTimer
Reference URL's