Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Ottawa Shore Fishing Locations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A couple of Ottawa Shore Fisher persons (including me) maintain a number of maps of locations we update on an ongoing basis. They have been integrated into this single map:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z...3PRs&msa=0
That's awesome, thanks Zippy, I was looking over google maps this morning and starred a few spots along the river that look pretty quiet. I'm going to check out your map and maybe hit a few of them as well. Would be nice to catch some fresh fish for dinner, and also just some new fish species (for me) to catch and release.

Right at the corner of 19 and 32 (I think its hunt club and riverside drive) there is a petro, it looks like a short walk from there parking lot down to the water and access to under the bridge and stuff, same with on the opposite side kitty corner to this spot.

Have you ever fished there or know anyone that has? Looked pretty remote on the map, just wasn't sure (I try to avoid crowds or even other people unless I'm fishing with them, try to anyways)
Im only down for Friday, Sat and Sunday, Friday i'll likely be going to Clayton lake to the old camp grounds she was at because she wants to go. (it's pinned on your map...ish surprisingly, Thompson's Black Rock Park) Saturday I think I have the whole day to hit the Rideau. Sunday I Will likely be heading home.
(10-05-2015 11:48 AM)TASPL-Designs Wrote: [ -> ]Right at the corner of 19 and 32 (I think its hunt club and riverside drive) there is a petro, it looks like a short walk from there parking lot down to the water and access to under the bridge and stuff, same with on the opposite side kitty corner to this spot.

Have you ever fished there or know anyone that has? Looked pretty remote on the map, just wasn't sure (I try to avoid crowds or even other people unless I'm fishing with them, try to anyways)

I think the only fishing spot you can fish in that area is the North west corner. Though not obvious on google there are fences restricting access.

I have fished the North West access once or twice in passing with no success. Though there was lots of fishing garbage indicating people were targeting Pike.

(10-05-2015 11:48 AM)TASPL-Designs Wrote: [ -> ]I m only down for Friday, Sat and Sunday, Friday i'll likely be going to Clayton lake to the old camp grounds she was at because she wants to go. (it's pinned on your map...ish surprisingly, Thompson's Black Rock Park) Saturday I think I have the whole day to hit the Rideau. Sunday I Will likely be heading home.

There is a lot of talk about the Walleye coming in this week. People are having luck fishing the Ottawa River. You may want to consider fishing an area like the Ottawa River at Andrew Haydon Park
I'll look into that as well, thanks!
Reference URL's