Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Hey! newbie here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there! Just joined hope to meet some new folks and learn some cool stuff! I'm quite a novice when it comes to angling but j definitely love it! Was hoping if anyone knew whether it was warm enough to fish along the Toronto harbourfront or by the island?

Thanks! Hope to hear from some of you Smile
(03-12-2016 02:29 PM)jaddlol Wrote: [ -> ]Was hoping if anyone knew whether it was warm enough to fish along the Toronto harbourfront or by the island?

Depends on what you're wearing! Tongue

But seriously, yep, fishing there is possible any time of year, just make sure you check the regulations to see what's legal and what's not. Remember that you don't have to catch an out of season fish in order to face charges, the COs can charge you if you appear to be specifically targeting restricted species. Incidental catches are something that just happens, and it's not illegal, but if you are running a Jitterbug over a weedbed before bass season opens, it looks suspicious.
Great thanks for the advice! I was hoping to go see if Pike are biting near the island or the spit. Any advice on lures for Northern Pike's?
(03-12-2016 02:29 PM)jaddlol Wrote: [ -> ]Hey there! Just joined hope to meet some new folks and learn some cool stuff! I'm quite a novice when it comes to angling but j definitely love it! Was hoping if anyone knew whether it was warm enough to fish along the Toronto harbourfront or by the island?

Welcome to the OSF board JaddLoL.

Cheers,

OldTimer
(03-14-2016 06:31 AM)OldTimer Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-12-2016 02:29 PM)jaddlol Wrote: [ -> ]Hey there! Just joined hope to meet some new folks and learn some cool stuff! I'm quite a novice when it comes to angling but j definitely love it! Was hoping if anyone knew whether it was warm enough to fish along the Toronto harbourfront or by the island?

Cheers,

OldTimer
Thanks! I really appreciate all the content you've posted btw!
(03-14-2016 09:34 AM)jaddlol Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-14-2016 06:31 AM)OldTimer Wrote: [ -> ]

Cheers,

OldTimer
Thanks! I really appreciate all the content you've posted btw!
welcom.
Reference URL's