Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: BIkes and fishing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering how you guys carry around your fishing tackle on a bicycle. I found this cool DIY article, which I'll probably try out, but I'm wondering if there are any other ways.
Instructables is a great site. Thanks for the link
Everything I take fits into one of my backpacks.
(05-09-2012 11:46 AM)bettercallsaul Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering how you guys carry around your fishing tackle on a bicycle. I found this cool DIY article, which I'll probably try out, but I'm wondering if there are any other ways.

I just use a backpack and either carry the rod by hand or stuff it in there (a quickfold reel handle is nice for this.)

But how awesome would it be to have a "pimped out" fishing bike Big GrinBig Grin
(05-09-2012 05:02 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-09-2012 11:46 AM)bettercallsaul Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering how you guys carry around your fishing tackle on a bicycle. I found this cool DIY article, which I'll probably try out, but I'm wondering if there are any other ways.

I just use a backpack and either carry the rod by hand or stuff it in there (a quickfold reel handle is nice for this.)

But how awesome would it be to have a "pimped out" fishing bike Big GrinBig Grin

LOL!! PIMP MY BIKE!
(05-09-2012 06:17 PM)andre Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-09-2012 05:02 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]

LOL!! PIMP MY BIKE!

I'm getting terrible images in my head now LOL

dammit, I had to do it.... I searched bicycle with spinners.....

[Image: Spin_Bicycle_Guy_Rider.jpg]
Rods/baits/whatever all in one backpack. Have a string to tie the zippers together so that rods/stuff don't going hurling into the cars behind me.
My rods are kept in a 4' piece of 3" ABS pipe. It's got a threaded cap on one end and now I'm just working on a shoulder strap attachment for it. Even if it does go awry, whatever it hits will get the worst of the impact Smile
(05-10-2012 08:25 PM)Fransky Wrote: [ -> ]My rods are kept in a 4' piece of 3" ABS pipe. It's got a threaded cap on one end and now I'm just working on a shoulder strap attachment for it. Even if it does go awry, whatever it hits will get the worst of the impact Smile

This idea sounds interesting
Reference URL's