Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: fishing carts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
so i am curious as to what people use for fishing carts when shore fishing
i often go to the toronto waterfront to fish and find i can end walking alot
and i have tried many different set ups from shopping carts to dollies
but today i found a berkley jumbo fishing cart ( a cart i wanted forever )
on sale on amazon for 87 bucks ( reg. $349 ) so i ordered it in hopes this will be my last and best idea lol

http://www.berkley-fishing.com/berkley-t...85816.html

[attachment=1150]
Hey Rob,

They are a nice looking cart and for 87 bucks I don’t think you can go wrong. It’s made of light weight (non rusting) aluminum, has big tires, and a nice hauling capacity. It would possibly sell for the same $ later down the road.

I’m not using a cart presently, but see a need coming in the near future - as my lovely lady just can’t seem to carry a much as she could before, wheezes the whole time, and whines endlessly about bringing along a 24 and ice.

I used my father’s when we had a family home in Florida. Down there large balloon tires for the loose sand, the ability to negotiate stairs, the ability to haul a good size ice filled cooler for the catch, and the ability to run across a slope without tipping, were all quite important. A good cart was a must as my parents both had mobility challenges.

However, for the use you describe I think this particular unit should be great and make your outings much more pleasurable. And serve as a great rod holder to boot.

Let us know how it fares……….. later this season after you use it a bunch.

Cheers,

OldTimer
i also have mobility issues hence the cart
That's a sweet looking setup dfog. The only thing missing is a built in seat.
I've got a friend who brings so much equipment for even the simplest outing that we started to call him Tackle Shop.
For me the days of hauling around "luggage style" tackle boxes are long past.
A simple shoulder bag with 2 or 3 boxes of select lures usually gets me through the day, although I'm not dismissing the potential need in the future.
(04-07-2016 01:31 PM)Deadfisher Wrote: [ -> ]That's a sweet looking setup dfog. The only thing missing is a built in seat.
I've got a friend who brings so much equipment for even the simplest outing that we started to call him Tackle Shop.
For me the days of hauling around "luggage style" tackle boxes are long past.
A simple shoulder bag with 2 or 3 boxes of select lures usually gets me through the day, although I'm not dismissing the potential need in the future.

lol sure enough
here is the funny part i still havent got the cart but i did get this one and it does have a seat
[attachment=1154]
Right now I'm building a cart out of a garden wagon, i'll post pics tomorrow.
Here is my cart, i'm using one of the side boxes to put in a 12v battery which will power the bait aerator, lights and a radio. and i'm adding a solar panel to charge it and a patio umbrella.
awsome cart
one of the better diy ones i have seen
Nice job. What's the weight outfitted?
Thanks guys... the cart itself weights about 30lbs... i don't really know what it will weight when fully loaded yet. With all my gear, two chairs and the patio umbrella i'm going to add, i would guess maybe 70-80 lbs or so, maybe a little more.

I am also trying to figure out what to put in that one empty spot on the side, i'm thinking maybe a stand up little bait table.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's