Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Fishing in 1967
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've always loved lawn sales and their potential as a "treasure hunt", treasure, of course being in the eye of the beholder. One of the more interesting things I've picked up in recent years was a stack of Family Herald magazines from 1967. On the back page of one magazine was a full page ad for a complete fishing package for $15.95! Now take into consideration a gallon of gas cost approximately 45cents in 1967, or roughly on tenth of today' s price, making this setup $160.00.
[attachment=1233]
I remember my family had a lot of this stuff back in the 60's, though I couldn't say where it came from. My question is have any of you bought a package like this?
For samples of more goofy old stuff see:https://deadfisher.blogspot.ca/2016/01/e...alogi.html
I always wanted the 101 soldiers that came in a footlocker that they did not deliver to Canada. That and Sea Monkeys.
I wouldn't pay 15.95 for that today, let alone in 1967............. and I do remember those ads. MIJ Junk.

BTW - Sea Monkeys suck - my kid sister bought some out of a comic book when we lived in Detroit............. and they don't smile either.

[attachment=1234]

Cheers,

OldTimer
(06-21-2016 02:11 PM)OldTimer Wrote: [ -> ]BTW - Sea Monkeys suck - my kid sister bought some out of a comic book when we lived in Detroit............. and they don't smile either.

Cheers,

OldTimer

yeah, they suck, but they were cool.

Tongue
(06-21-2016 02:11 PM)OldTimer Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't pay 15.95 for that today, let alone in 1967............. and I do remember those ads. MIJ Junk.

BTW - Sea Monkeys suck - my kid sister bought some out of a comic book when we lived in Detroit............. and they don't smile either.

Cheers,

OldTimer

Wait why wouldn't you buy this for 15.95 it comes with 3 fishing outfit's thats a steal IMO . I would love to find something like this nowadays Big Grin
(06-22-2016 10:19 AM)Benito Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-21-2016 02:11 PM)OldTimer Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't pay 15.95 for that today, let alone in 1967............. and I do remember those ads. MIJ Junk.

Cheers,

OldTimer

Wait why wouldn't you buy this for 15.95 it comes with 3 fishing outfit's thats a steal IMO . I would love to find something like this nowadays Big Grin

Well then.......... are ya interested in some swamp land in Florida........... or a great deal steal on owning the Golden Gate Bridge?

...... smile.

Cheers,

OldTimer
Reference URL's