Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Shore fishing near lake Simcoe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey everyone, i am new to fishing and as well as to this forum... me and my husband trying to find a new hobby to do during weekends, and we found fishing is really fun, we only caught a couple small panfish so far, but we get hooked to it.
we dont have a boat, so shore fishing will be best for us. we live in toronto, and wondering if anyone knows any good shore fishing spots within 2 hours drive? we tried a bunch spots in lake simcoe, and realize we might need a boat to catch the fish. we dont have specific species that we would like to catch, since we are more catch and release people. but if we can catch a bass or pike, that will be really cool.
any info is really appreciated. good luck to everyone out there when fishing.
(07-01-2016 08:46 PM)birdyzhao Wrote: [ -> ]hey everyone, i am new to fishing and as well as to this forum... me and my husband trying to find a new hobby to do during weekends, and we found fishing is really fun, we only caught a couple small panfish so far, but we get hooked to it.
we dont have a boat, so shore fishing will be best for us. we live in toronto, and wondering if anyone knows any good shore fishing spots within 2 hours drive? we tried a bunch spots in lake simcoe, and realize we might need a boat to catch the fish. we dont have specific species that we would like to catch, since we are more catch and release people. but if we can catch a bass or pike, that will be really cool.
any info is really appreciated. good luck to everyone out there when fishing.
If you go into Barrie. There's lots of people fish infront of the GO station by Simcoe St. You can catch jumbo perch and smallies there.

At Port Perry, you can catch pan fish and bass from shore.

Bridgenorth is another good spot to fish from shore. Lots of space but parking can be limited. You can catch all kind of species. I've seem someone catch a muskie from there..

Happy fishing.
Definitely try Holland Marsh canals, or Bradford... Probably the worst kept secret since it gets a lot of fishing pressure but there are a variety of species to catch there from Bullheads to Bass, Pike, perch, crappie... Definitely release them fish! With all the pesticides flowing through that waterway you don't want a gut full of round up...
Reference URL's