Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Looking for maze corn for carp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This year I would like to get into carp a bit more. In recent years I have used corn with a method feeder and done okay but I find that the canned corn doesn't stay on as well. I was looking at buying some maze corn but have no clue where to get it. I live in Etobicoke so any suggestions would be great thank you.
Look into cattle corn or Feed Dealers. I found a supplier just outside of town in Ottawa. Too much for me to use it all and I gave the rest away to some local hunters in the fall. Kept about an additional gallon for me to use. I also bought a cheap pressure cooker to speed up the preparation process. Definitely more durable.
(05-31-2017 03:18 PM)zippyFX Wrote: [ -> ]Look into cattle corn or Feed Dealers. I found a supplier just outside of town in Ottawa. Too much for me to use it all and I gave the rest away to some local hunters in the fall. Kept about an additional gallon for me to use. I also bought a cheap pressure cooker to speed up the preparation process. Definitely more durable.

Did the cattle corn pressure cooked produce fish as well as canned, or less, or better?
(06-01-2017 03:20 PM)surfcoaster Wrote: [ -> ]Did the cattle corn pressure cooked produce fish as well as canned, or less, or better?

I have not used my pressure cooker for Maize just yet; Just pulled pork (awesome pulled pork in in 90 minutes BTW).

I tried boiling my first batch on the BBQ outside but it was taking for ever (over 60 minutes a batch times 3 batches) and it was still not quite done right; I saw youtube video saying you can cook it better and faster in a pressure cooker so I found one for $40 at bed bath and beyond of all places. I may give it a try this month.

I did not notice much of a difference in the production of fish but it was a bigger target and more durable. It freezes well and is easier to chuck farther by hand and by slingshot.
Check out any Chinese supermarket, they're usually in the frozen section. Give Glutinous corn a try, it's much denser making it less likely to slip off the hook
visit the nearest tsc store, im in Mississauga and go to Milton one on bronte street, 10 buks for 25kg. soak for 24hrs then boil for 30 to 45mins let cool then strain into 5 gallon bucket and seal, I find it works best when it starts to go off a bit, some prefer fresh. Cheapest price youll find
(06-18-2017 08:52 PM)trouttamer Wrote: [ -> ]visit the nearest tsc store, im in Mississauga and go to Milton one on bronte street, 10 buks for 25kg. soak for 24hrs then boil for 30 to 45mins let cool then strain into 5 gallon bucket and seal, I find it works best when it starts to go off a bit, some prefer fresh. Cheapest price youll find

Thank you that's what I was looking for. I went for some smaller carp at a local dam and the corn was not staying on very well not to mention the chubs.
Learn to tie a hair rig. Google it
Reference URL's