Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: GTA Walmarts with good hook/tackle selection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would like to know if everyone can chime in on thier local Wallys and how well stocked they are to help others out.

I'll start off with:

Againcourt Mall Walmart - Large well stocked hooks, rod/reels/, lures, and weights

By far the best selection closest to me.

Markville Mall Walmart - Barely any hooks/weights, some basic rods (more kids).

You would think being close to Milne Dam/Waldon Pond/TooGood Pond they would have more gear

HWY7/Bayview Walmart - Barely if any hooks/weights, some basic rods (more for kids)

Stouffville (Hoover Park) Walmart - Large/huge selection of hooks/weights, lures, and tackle

End of HWY404/Woodbine (Ravenshoe) Walmart - Small selection of fishing gear. Can't remember seeing any 'live bait'/octopus hooks.

Was surprised this location would have such a small selection given it's proximity to Jacksons Point. I guess it didn't want to anger the local small tackle shops.
One bit of caution... I buy things occasional at Walmart in Ottawa for convenience but, in general, I do not find their prices competitive and I also find there selection geared to the occasional cottage angler as opposed to a more general or dedicated angler.

That being said they do have occasional great prices for certain items.
(07-26-2017 03:30 PM)zippyFX Wrote: [ -> ]One bit of caution... I buy things occasional at Walmart in Ottawa for convenience but, in general, I do not find their prices competitive and I also find there selection geared to the occasional cottage angler as opposed to a more general or dedicated angler.

That being said they do have occasional great prices for certain items.

Do the smaller shops offer more hooks for thee same price? For example I like using #6 'live bait' hooks (I think same as octopus hooks) from SouthBend. IIRC it is I think $1.79 for 10 hooks

Any other places to get more hooks for the same price? I did a skim online at http://www.dealextreme.com which I have bought a number of electronic components before but it seems thier hooks do not have any eyelet holes and are a flat tying surfsce
I have found the prices to be better at Sail for most things compared at Walmart
Reference URL's