Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Toronto Islands season opening up July 31/2017 | Ontario Shore fishing Meetup??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I heard that the Toronto Islands are opening up for the season to the public on July 31/2017 if all goes well.

For those that may not know the islands have been flooded with about 60-90mm rain recently delaying the season opening. Ferries can't dock due to high water levels in the docks. If all goes well July 31/2017 is the proposed opening day for the public to go to the islands however still a bit of the island is still flooded AFAIK.

While the opening of the season is good news for businesses which are suffering (one business so bad they are closing down for good due to the flooding loss of busobess) the area has been tested positive for West Nile virus in the mosquito's and also due to the flooded water around the mosquito population is high as I understand it cwhich may cause concern to some.

I was thinking why don't we have a 1-2 Ontario Shorefishing meetups to see how the game fishing is as well as support some of the local businesses. Was thinking maybe everyone buy a drink and/or a bite to eat then head to test the water around while eating lunch/dinner. Trying to keep costs affordable and flexible for all as some have school coming up.

Anyways, just throwing the idea out there to see if it will gain some momentum.
Sounds like a good plan! I'd be open to this!
The mayor of Toronto will be on the 8am ferry to inspect the grounds. According to Q107 FM news Olympic Island is still closed due to flooding.

My last memory of the ferry fares are $7.00 which includes return trip. Bring a bike, makes traveling easier.

Oh don't forget the sunscreen and mosquito repellent. The mossies are FIERCE this year being so wet. The day time biting asian tiger mossie is all over the place and aggressive and I've been tagged about 100 times so far and the year isn't over yet. SadAngry
Reference URL's