Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Salmon meet up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Eh guys,
Its been a while since I have posted. I thought it would be really cool to do meetups at the mouth of the credit for the salmon run. I have heard rumours that they will be coming in earlier this summer. Who would be game. We could meet every weekend from this upcoming weekend to the end of the month.

Any takers?
I know the Atlantics and maybe some brown trout are running in the east, but not sure when the chinook and coho will be running in Humber. I'd be down to meet up some time, it's been a while! Do you cast jerk baits and spoons at the mouth of the river?
I will be heading out to the credit one day this week. Weekdays are much quieter on the shores. The Atlantics is what I am after (but I am not that picky either..lol). I use 3/4oz little cleos or similar spoons, also red devils work great. I normally look for a narrowing in the river and cast upstream. I use a ugly stick with a Shimano Sahara 4000 reel. I love this combo for Salmon.
That's awesome! I love the Ugly Sticks, I have more than a half dozen! Tongue

(08-07-2017 04:16 PM)ifish Wrote: [ -> ]I will be heading out to the credit one day this week. Weekdays are much quieter on the shores. The Atlantics is what I am after (but I am not that picky either..lol). I use 3/4oz little cleos or similar spoons, also red devils work great. I normally look for a narrowing in the river and cast upstream. I use a ugly stick with a Shimano Sahara 4000 reel. I love this combo for Salmon.
(08-07-2017 04:16 PM)ifish Wrote: [ -> ]I will be heading out to the credit one day this week. Weekdays are much quieter on the shores. The Atlantics is what I am after (but I am not that picky either..lol). I use 3/4oz little cleos or similar spoons, also red devils work great. I normally look for a narrowing in the river and cast upstream. I use a ugly stick with a Shimano Sahara 4000 reel. I love this combo for Salmon.

This maybe a late response but I hope you're aware that Atlantics are close all year. I don't think you can target them.
(11-08-2017 03:00 PM)rich_ace_G Wrote: [ -> ]

This maybe a late response but I hope you're aware that Atlantics are close all year. I don't think you can target them.

Zone 16 Regulations list them as open in 2017.
(11-08-2017 07:00 PM)NickP27 Wrote: [ -> ]

What's the limit?
(11-09-2017 10:54 AM)rich_ace_G Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-08-2017 07:00 PM)NickP27 Wrote: [ -> ]

What's the limit?

Catch and release.
Reference URL's