Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: New to the forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Just found these forums and joined up.

I am a novice when it comes to fishing overall. I enjoy it immensely, but health issues sidelined my ability to get really active. I simply can no longer take 20-30m hikes over uneven terrain and wade through rivers as I did when I first started.

So much of my activity has been centered about piers and parks and shore lines with easy access.

I tend to fish for bass (small mouth), and panfish (brook, brown, rainbow trout), and salmon in the fall. I have a growing interest in everything carp and catfish. Moving forward, I plan to target both species in the future to take greater advantage of their fecundity and ubiquitous nature.

I mainly use spinning rods. All my gear is light. I have a 5'6" fenwick eagle with 4' that I adore. I also have an ok 12'6" shakespeare steelhead rod spooled with 10' nanofil braid that I use for steelhead/salmon/carp (doesn't seem to load well, think it's supposed to be a hybrid spin/center pin).

I started fly fishing and hope to expand this skillset to include casting into water =P

Cheers
(08-17-2017 07:30 AM)gthnk Wrote: [ -> ]I simply can no longer take 20-30m hikes over uneven terrain and wade through rivers .....

Me neither.......20-30 miles is a long way....... grin.

Welcome

Cheers,

OldTimer
Reference URL's