Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: question everyone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is being caught in Cayuga and what baits work and don't anything would help thanks.
(05-23-2012 07:54 PM)Jeff Christian Wrote: [ -> ]What is being caught in Cayuga and what baits work and don't anything would help thanks.

Did you get a chance to go? What did you find?
Hey Jeff,
Never really did any fishing in the immediate Cayuga area – but have seen a few places that I found interesting to me.

Here’s one:

I took the pics below (Sept 2009) from a NEW small public park that had good parking, picnic tables, and a rotunda on the Grand River’s edge (city side). We enjoyed a nice lunch here on a driving adventure.

[attachment=125]

[attachment=126]

Have no idea if the fishing be any good there – at the bank it was shallow – but looked like it had deeper scallops out a ways……… with wet wading , who knows? It’s on my list to try later sometime this summer (for bass). I will advise that casting from shore here might be quite frustrating to most sane humans.

As the river heads towards Dunnville the depth increases just a bit, but it widens, and the current wanes. Northwards about half way to Caledonia you begin to have an increasing mix of shallow riffles intermixed with the occasional mid depth depression.

More info on the Grand and it’s fishing here:

http://www.grandriver.ca/index/document....1=0&sub2=0

Cheers,

OldTimer
Reference URL's