Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Salmon run is over now what
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been fairly successful with salmon this fall. Bottom portion of the Duffins creek did keep me happy for about a month. It is walking distance for me, that is why I was on the shore twice a day sometimes. Action was amazing. On the pick of the run I was landing 4 salmons and 1 or 2 trout. I am new to salmon fishing so it was a lot of learning "smoking manuals" youtubing trial and error.
Few lost salmons still there and they refuse my spoons and store bought roe bags.

Now my life is dullSad

I am of work for few weeks and I need an idea where and what to fish this time of year.
you can fish for crappie or walleye at night at any of the lakes in the kawarthas
It's not over yet! I'm hoping to prove it this weekend ...

Just need to try some new holes in the stretches of river still open ... I was getting Chinook in the river until November 15th last year.
You are right NickP27. Chinooks are still here. I am getting decent action 3-4 morning a week.
(10-10-2017 10:03 PM)cutuzov Wrote: [ -> ]You are right NickP27. Chinooks are still here. I am getting decent action 3-4 morning a week.

Where abouts can you access the river on duffins creek
not looking for you spots or pools just looking for info on access and parking
Church street north of Bayly has plenty parking on the curb. The spot is very busy during weekends. More parking on Bayly and Westney Rd. intersection. There some parking around Lions Club and/or Giant Tiger couple of blocks south from Bayly. Rotary park has plenty of parking.
(10-02-2017 01:04 PM)NickP27 Wrote: [ -> ]It's not over yet! I'm hoping to prove it this weekend ...

Just need to try some new holes in the stretches of river still open ... I was getting Chinook in the river until November 15th last year.

I got my king last year in mid October down in the Bronte. I wonder if there is still a run there, or mostly bows?
Salmon is still there. Bows are few and far apart for now.
(10-14-2017 06:35 PM)cutuzov Wrote: [ -> ]Salmon is still there. Bows are few and far apart for now.

Any silver to them, or they shoe leather at this point?
All silver, beautiful fish. I might go nuts and start taking pictures naming them "Idiot Holding Gorgeous Fish" Smile
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's