Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: cutuzov's 2018 OSF Multi-Species Challenge Entries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Recent family vacation in Fort Myers Florida 14th of March 2018
Did not have time for any serious fishing, but i did have a pole, some live shrimps , Florida temp fishing license and a beach. What else is needed?
Here is my entries.

[Image: img_0697.jpg]

Hardhead Catfish (Ariopsis felis) see NickP27 comment below

[Image: img_0698.jpg]

Sheepshead Archosargus probatocephalus

This one was legal size to keep and got turned into family barbecue dinner.

[Image: img_0694.jpg]

My fishing buddy. He got all my leftover bait
As per the contest rules, fish are restricted to Ontario catches only. Nice fish though. I can't wait to get out and feel a tug on a regular length rod again.
Your catfish is a Hardhead Catfish (Ariopsis felis), one of the saltwater/brackish varieties. Nice fish! Make sure those sea catfish don't get you with their spines ... you'll want to chop off your finger until the venom wears off ... trust me, I've done it twice now, haha.
(03-18-2018 03:08 PM)NickP27 Wrote: [ -> ]Your catfish is a Hardhead Catfish (Ariopsis felis), one of the saltwater/brackish varieties. Nice fish! Make sure those sea catfish don't get you with their spines ... you'll want to chop off your finger until the venom wears off ... trust me, I've done it twice now, haha.

This is how we learn Smile Thank you for the clarification
Post spawn rainbow
[Image: img_1053.jpg]
Nice bow, but again as per the rules, what zone was it caught in and when?
Sorry for missing the info
May 3rd Zone 17
Yellow bullhead catfish (Ameiurus natalis) May 18 2018 Zone 17

[Image: b4f3c3866900304.jpg]

Common carp (Cyprinus carpio) May 18 2018 Zone 17
[Image: efbfaa866900414.jpg]
I don't mean to be so critical all the time as you are posting some decent pics, but do you have any other shots of the bullhead? Based on the pic, I can't tell if it's a yellow or a brown. We should be able to see the 2 lower barbels to clarify.
No problem FF I do appreciate your attention to details. Sadly I do not have other pictures. I will take some more during tomorrow trip.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's