Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: New to OSF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone.

Just starting to get into the fishing scene again. Mostly shore fishing as of now will have access to a boat soon though. Having a hard time finding areas that you are allowed to fish from the shore. Was out for half the day just driving looking for areas that stop to fish. Doesn’t matter where always up for a drive to a new place. Currently from Newmarket area but definitely don’t mind traveling to other areas. Any tips or hints on where to go for shore fishing for now would be lovely.
Thanks everyone
Happy fishing!!
Hi Casekid
It is pleasure to have you here.
Answering your question you are on the right track. Scouting it is the big part of the game. I would suggest going to your nearest lake or creek weekend mornings and look for the guys fishing. Do not be shy to ask questions. Some people are protective of their "secrets" but most of us like to brag Smile At the same time none of us would post in public our fishing spots. Simply to avoid the crowd. I would suggest reading the forum older posts, there is plenty of information here. I do not fish in your area but quick Google search "Newmarket fishing" showed me plenty of information to work with. And last but not list familiarize yourself with your zone fishing regulations and restrictions. It might seem confusing at first but it worth very careful reading. Good luck
Thank you cutuzov I will look it some of the older post and see what I can find. There are a few spots around here to go to in a pinch. Just looking to find some new places to travel to when I have the time. Thanks again
Welcome aboard... If you are interested in Ottawa spots I can help TO, not so much Smile
Reference URL's