Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Year of lifers so far... 16 new species
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey everywone, I recently moved to Midland/wasaga area 2 months ago for a new job in the environmental field from my home in the far north of Timmins. The way how diffrent everything is is insane but I love it. During the last 2 months ever since moving with what limited free time I had I fished real hard and whent all out on all my days off as managed to catch so far 16 diffrent species.

2018 lifers so far

Spottail shiner
Logperch
Rudd
Rainbow smelt
Pumpkinseed x bluegill hybrid
Bluegill
Carp
Hornyhead chub
Channel catfish (13 pounder, waited for 4-5 hours using bacon)
Northern sunfish (tons around the area, surprising)
Pumpkinseed x northern sunfish hybrid
Green sunfish
Golden shiner
River Chub
White perch (very tasty)
Green sunfish x pumpkinseed hybrid
Black bullhead
Fathead minnow & rosy red
Goldfish
Prussian carp (wild form of goldfish)
Silver redhorse
Muskellunge
Silver Lamprey
Gizzard Shad
That's a pretty decent list for only 2 months worth of down time fishing. You should take part in this year's multi-species challenge. Some of your catches may still be eligible, although as a new rule this year, there is a 2 week window between catch and entry in the contest, or it doesn't count. Why is it that everyone else can catch a river chub but me??? Smile
(07-16-2018 10:15 AM)Adamthedeertracker Wrote: [ -> ]Hey everywone, I recently moved to Midland/wasaga area 2 months ago for a new job in the environmental field from my home in the far north of Timmins. The way how diffrent everything is is insane but I love it. During the last 2 months ever since moving with what limited free time I had I fished real hard and whent all out on all my days off as managed to catch so far 16 diffrent species.

2018 lifers so far

Spottail shiner
Logperch
Rudd
Rainbow smelt
Pumpkinseed x bluegill hybrid
Bluegill
Carp
Hornyhead chub
Channel catfish (13 pounder, waited for 4-5 hours using bacon)
Northern sunfish (tons around the area, surprising)
Pumpkinseed x northern sunfish hybrid
Green sunfish
Golden shiner
River Chub
White perch (very tasty)
Striped shiner

Seen a white perch for the first time this year in zone 16, good to know they're good eating.
Perches making great fish soup
We've caught a few bowfin on Georgian Bay north of Parry Sound and have had a few Gar follow bass lures to the boat and bolt. No shortage of pike, LMB, SMB and muskies up there. Good luck on your challenge!
Looking forward to seeing some pictures of those catches!

Join the contest, it will motivate us all Smile
I’ll forshure upload once I’m back from my work rotation Smile some really neat stuff! Adventure is not over yet as I have plans to go for green sunfish/pumpkinseed hybrids, black bullheads and brown trout trip or a day trip for plate sized goldfish in the gta area Smile
wait for pictures...
Update:
Green sunfish x pumpkinseed hybrid
Rosy Red
Fathead minnow
Black bullhead
Goldfish
Prussian carp (wild coloration form of goldfish)
Silver redhorse

Have all been taken, what a crazy year for fishing
Check out my instagram out. lipooutdoors
Where are you finding this strange creatures? Smile
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's