Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Hello OSF community
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello OSF community. I'm a new kid in the block. After I broke the propeller of the boats that I rented for 2 consecutive Saturdays (yes 2 boats 2 propeller broken), I decided to change my fishing mode to offshore.

I am so glad to discover this forum through duckduckgo. Thank you all for the tips and locations where to fish in ON. There are only 3 things that I like aside from going to church every Sunday, practice martial arts, playing chess and FISHING. The first one, I could not do anymore due to age factor.

Thanks everyone.
Does it mean your age made you an atheist? How are you planning to pray to fishing gods than?
And yes welcome to the forum.
(08-16-2018 11:28 PM)cutuzov Wrote: [ -> ]Does it mean your age made you an atheist? How are you planning to pray to fishing gods than?
And yes welcome to the forum.

I am sorry, I meant the 2nd one (martial arts).
Just pulling your leg Smile
Buy the way could you tell 2 broken propellers story please? You made me curious.
(08-17-2018 09:16 PM)cutuzov Wrote: [ -> ]Just pulling your leg Smile
Buy the way could you tell 2 broken propellers story please? You made me curious.

For the first one, I did not remember hitting any rock and I am sure we are far from the sunken railway (rice lake). The only thing that we heard is a thud (we were in the deep part of the lake, no rocks). My friend and I thought that the boat gets slower due to winds, high waves and weeds. We're surprised when the boat owner told us that one of the propellers is missing. I paid $165 + tax for the first one.

The 2nd one (from another boat operator) have no sound at all but the boat owner told us that one of the propellers is dent and we need to pay $70 + tax.

One of my friends told me that boat owners will not repair their boats as long as it still usable. The poor renter will pay it when it's totally broken.

This is my fishing experience that I will never forget and of course will be very careful next time.
Thank you for sharing your experience. One more thing to check before renting the boat.
Back to your original questions. Now is time for pier salmon fishing. Guides for that are easy to Google. I fished/ scouted 3-4 piers in GTA there are more to discover. Salmon will run a bit later. Depending on your location there are many tributaries that will provide good fishing experience. After or sometimes at the same time as salmon run the steelhead will move in for fake run. Some tributaries are open in part for fishing till December or even year round. This is my agenda till it becomes really cold. When my rod guides start freezing and i am not able to swear due to cold i am calling it "time to prepare for next season".
If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.
(08-18-2018 01:40 PM)cutuzov Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for sharing your experience. One more thing to check before renting the boat.
Back to your original questions. Now is time for pier salmon fishing. Guides for that are easy to Google. I fished/ scouted 3-4 piers in GTA there are more to discover. Salmon will run a bit later. Depending on your location there are many tributaries that will provide good fishing experience. After or sometimes at the same time as salmon run the steelhead will move in for fake run. Some tributaries are open in part for fishing till December or even year round. This is my agenda till it becomes really cold. When my rod guides start freezing and i am not able to swear due to cold i am calling it "time to prepare for next season".
If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

Thanks so much for the info. I have not tried salmon fishing yet. Always bass, perch, walleye, sunfish (like it or not) and pike one time. That crazy pike grab the whole worm by mistake I think. I will try salmon fishing this coming fall. Are you keeping the fish from lake ON?
Pikes are fun. I got crazy one trying to attack my bottom rig sinker during cast. It did miss the sinker and grabbed the hook instead.
You have an exiting road ahead of you. It is such an adrenaline rush. No wonder many people are being a little crazy this time of year.
Here is the guide for consuming Ontario fish https://www.ontario.ca/page/eating-ontario-fish-2017-18
(08-18-2018 10:54 PM)cutuzov Wrote: [ -> ]Pikes are fun. I got crazy one trying to attack my bottom rig sinker during cast. It did miss the sinker and grabbed the hook instead.
You have an exiting road ahead of you. It is such an adrenaline rush. No wonder many people are being a little crazy this time of year.
Here is the guide for consuming Ontario fish https://www.ontario.ca/page/eating-ontario-fish-2017-18

Thanks for the link to eating ontario fish website. Much appreciated.
Reference URL's