Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Shore fishing Bass In the bay of Quinte region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all!!!

My husband is obsessed with bass fishing and I love to tag along. Usually he gets the fish and I get a photo of the sun set but I also enjoy fishing Smile

We do not have a boat and as such usually drive around using google and looking for public access to lakes, rivers, creeks and Ponds....

Any suggestions for resources that I can use when locating new spots to fish from shore?

Thanks!
Hi Ruthie welcome to OSF.

Unfortunately many people use Google Maps as a resource to find new fishing holes, and drive right past potential gold mines. It's emphasis is on road navigation and rarely shows small ponds and creeks. I suggest you try using Google Earth, the satellite photo program, to find new locations and its companion program Google Street View to search out access points.

If you're a little old school and prefer paper maps, I suggest Backroad Mapbooks. They show complete drainage systems, form rivers to their tinniest head water creeks. As far as access, wherever a road crosses a "blue line" is public access.

I also make sure I get a photo of the sunset... or sunrise
sunrise sunset

Good luck
John
Reference URL's