Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Moving from Boston
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I'm happy I found this thread. I'd been searching for awhile about shore fishing in Ontario and was not having much luck. I'll be moving from Boston at the end of May and have no clue if there's any decent spots to shore fish on lake Ontario. I'll be living near the beaches in Toronto so anything around there would be ideal. I'm sure it wont be quite like being right on the east coast but here's hoping i'll be surprised!
Hi James,. Welcome to Toronto and OSF.
If you love fishing you've moved to the right town and neighborhood.
A few miles to the east of the beaches is Bluffers Park. The marina there offers decent, year round opportunities for panfish and pike in the spring, bass in the summer and trout and salmon in the fall.
Immediately west of the beaches is Tommy Thompson Park on the Leslie Spit, an artificial headland that juts out 4 miles into the lake with numerous shallow lagoons and prime fish habitat.
Another mile or two west are the Toronto Islands, an interesting mix of old residential cottages and parkland. More importantly, canals, lagoons and ponds with everything from gills to gators.
These are just a few of the nearby locations. For more opportunities see Toronto Area Fishing
Have fun exploring your new backyard and...BRUINS SUCK!
Thanks man those are great tips I'll check them out! I originally grew up in Toronto and moved to the USA about 5 years ago. It was in Boston that I fell in love with fishing though so I have no experience with fresh water in Ontario. Looking forward to learning the ropes. Thanks again! .....yea the bruins do suck.
Reference URL's