Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Kennisis Lake fishing - trout!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm gonna be in Kennisis Lake in Ontario. From what I'm reading the lake is known for having trout. I've never fished for trout before. We have a fishing boat with no electronics and no down rigger. We have several Trolling rods.

Any tips for getting Trout with no down rigger in a deep lake ? This lake has an average depth of 77 feet. Or perhaps there are other spots on the lake that have trout? Maybe near the dam? Any info at all, please.
I've never targeted lake trout, and I've caught three of them incidentally while drop-shotting for smallmouth bass. The first time was a total mistake, the second two taught me to not go too deep. All three were in George Lake, Killarney Provincial Park, where they're off-limits. I was using X-zone slammers, but I presume anything similar would work. So there's one method you could try. This time of year they would most likely be in the deep water.
(07-06-2019 08:04 PM)Dave Bailey Wrote: [ -> ]I've never targeted lake trout, and I've caught three of them incidentally while drop-shotting for smallmouth bass. The first time was a total mistake, the second two taught me to not go too deep. All three were in George Lake, Killarney Provincial Park, where they're off-limits. I was using X-zone slammers, but I presume anything similar would work. So there's one method you could try. This time of year they would most likely be in the deep water.

Awesome, must have been a nice surprise.
We are gonna try trolling, I picked up some 4oz weights and we are gonna try using dipsy divers for the first time. Should be fun
Reference URL's