Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Grand river/Dunnville
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone had any luck or have any suggestions for good fishing in or around Byng conservation area near Dunnville?
Me and a buddy went to the Grand River Marina resterrant across the bridge there and paid the 15 bucks to fish. At dunnville.

The road back to the spots was not good. Big mud holes. We made it to the water and fished with dead fish pieces for the catfish.

Buddy caught a real big one cat. Hard to clean but tasted good later in the fryer.

if we go again we take the truck not my Yaris.
I used to fish the Grand up near Waterloo, caught Cats up there, but never any big ones. Any idea how many pounds or length the one was you caught?
Was 31 inch long. Don't know pounds.
LOL - The funny thing about that measurement is my personal goal this spring it to catch a 30+ inch catfish... so of course you have to say it was 31 inches LOL!

We have a month-long tournament here in Ottawa for Catfish in May, but we are allowed to fish anywhere in Ontario... so maybe I need to head your way!
[attachment=1765]Here’s one I got 2 weeks ago

[attachment=1765]Here’s one I got 2 weeks ago just below the dam in Dunnville on shrimp

[attachment=1766]Here’s another one from a few years ago 25 pounds
Reference URL's