Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Shore fishing for Catfish and Carp Grey-Bruce?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum, and new to fishing for channel cats, bullheads and carp, but am keen on targeting these species in great bruce. Any suggestions or spots to check out? Has anyone fished at the dam at Lake Eugenia for instance?

Thanks!
I'd suggest trying the Saugeen River from below Denny's Dam downstream to the lake...…late May/June….. IMO probably the second best Channel Cat fishing in Ontario. Big fish come in from the lake to spawn. Billygoat access though (grin).

https://explorethebruce.com/explore/fish...reline/75/

Carp can be found in abundance in the lower portion of all large rivers flowing into the Great Lakes in Southern Ontario..

Try checking out Ontario's IFish facility, or the Ontario Eating Guide, to identify waterbodies with any species and resident population lengths.

BTW - Welcome to OSF.

Cheers,

OldTimer
Hi Violin Dude.

Welcome.

Great advice Old Guy - caught a huge catfish in that river less than a quarter mile below the dam years ago using worms.

Rada
I was surprised to see two spots near there in the eating guide where they actually cover GOLDFISH! Sure, I can see catching them... but eating them???
Reference URL's