Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Deer in Toronto
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was outside today at 5:40 am on Eglinton and saw a deer run by from north to south into Eglinton Flats Park (near Jane). I've seen a beaver there before but was very surprised to see a deer.
(06-04-2012 06:50 AM)bettercallsaul Wrote: [ -> ]I was outside today at 5:40 am on Eglinton and saw a deer run by from north to south into Eglinton Flats Park (near Jane). I've seen a beaver there before but was very surprised to see a deer.

Good to hear! I know Markham has a strong deer and beaver presence. Heck, a pond 2 minutes from my house in a subdivision has beavers. There've been deer in my backyard also.

Wildlife sightings in my area have been increasing.

I'm faily convinced that they wander up and down rivers/creeks. In the case of Eglinton/Jane, that would be the Humber if I am not mistaken.
(06-05-2012 12:33 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-04-2012 06:50 AM)bettercallsaul Wrote: [ -> ]I was outside today at 5:40 am on Eglinton and saw a deer run by from north to south into Eglinton Flats Park (near Jane). I've seen a beaver there before but was very surprised to see a deer.

Good to hear! I know Markham has a strong deer and beaver presence. Heck, a pond 2 minutes from my house in a subdivision has beavers. There've been deer in my backyard also.

Wildlife sightings in my area have been increasing.

I'm faily convinced that they wander up and down rivers/creeks. In the case of Eglinton/Jane, that would be the Humber if I am not mistaken.
Yeah it's by the Humber, and that particular section has a very forested and secluded area north of the golf course. I've talked to another fisherman who said he saw one once at Old Mill. I'd be interested in knowing the actual number of deer that inhabit the city.
I live close to Humber College(Finch & Hwy 27) and dehind the college there is a big park with a small river(full of carp but they don't byte anything). In that park i have seen twice deers, the first time it was two and the second three but I am not sure if it was the same deers. I also have seen small koyot that was very strange actually and because i walk my dog there it had followed us for some minutes. Some beavers, some wild rabits, and of course raccoons and alot of squirrels(3-4 species of squirrels). Wild life literally surviving next to a college a lot of houses and buildings and the most socking hiwhays. RESPECT!!!
(06-10-2012 12:48 AM)George Sigmund Wrote: [ -> ]Wild life literally surviving next to a college a lot of houses and buildings and the most socking hiwhays. RESPECT!!!

And did I mention? When I was living at U of T Scarborough Campus, a herd of 10 or 12 deer walked through the backyard of my townhouse.
Reference URL's