Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Panfish frenzy...!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been out three or four times recently in the early morning and evenings hitting up the panfish, and having a blast! So I'm thinking I'll be concentrating on panfish for the rest of the month!
(06-04-2012 10:23 PM)MikeH Wrote: [ -> ]I've been out three or four times recently in the early morning and evenings hitting up the panfish, and having a blast! So I'm thinking I'll be concentrating on panfish for the rest of the month!

Good to hear MikeH, there are some amazing, untapped panfish ponds in Markham.

What about carp? Have you noticed a slowdown? It's been 2 weeks since I've caught one Sad. The fish are there though.
I fished the Don / Keating junction recently and the Carp there were actively feeding, but there's not much Carp action reported over at the Islands and some night time feeding along the harbourfront.

Lots of panfish action though, even located a school of crappies. Big Grin
(06-05-2012 12:20 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-04-2012 10:23 PM)MikeH Wrote: [ -> ]I've been out three or four times recently in the early morning and evenings hitting up the panfish, and having a blast! So I'm thinking I'll be concentrating on panfish for the rest of the month!

Good to hear MikeH, there are some amazing, untapped panfish ponds in Markham.

What about carp? Have you noticed a slowdown? It's been 2 weeks since I've caught one Sad. The fish are there though.

Recently, I have fishing many times in Richmond Hill ponds for carp. Although I see them in schools, they just didn't bite.Sad

By the way, where in Markham I can fish for pan fish though? Please advise and thanks in advance.
I love fishing for Panfish! There's something about watching your bobber dissapear into the water! Smile

The best part? Use an ULTRALIGHT ROD... Trust me, once you use that - You'll love using the UL for BASS
come opener! Smile (Remember: Spring = Small Baits)
I don't have an ultralight rod, but I have hand-lined for panfish. A little bit of trying something new and a little bit of crazy action combines to an enjoyable time Smile.

A longer rod and more flexible rod - you'll feel the fish fight so much more even if it's tiny!

One day I'll go tenkerara for the panfish Smile

http://www.tenkarabum.com/
(09-18-2012 08:26 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have an ultralight rod, but I have hand-lined for panfish. A little bit of trying something new and a little bit of crazy action combines to an enjoyable time Smile.

A longer rod and more flexible rod - you'll feel the fish fight so much more even if it's tiny!

One day I'll go tenkerara for the panfish Smile

http://www.tenkarabum.com/

Hand lining for Panfish may be the funniest thing to try. I'm not sure if it's just me but every time I hand line with bait I fail epicly lol. And yes the ultralight rods make every fish so much more fun because they are so sensitive. In my opinion Sunfish are the best fighting fish for there size even compared to Bass, they have sooo much energy and no matter the size they provide a very fun fight. Also I was Tenkara fishing for Bass and Panfish and hooked into a decent sized Bass and it's a very exiting experience pulling the fish out without a reel.

Giuga10
A few weeks ago, microfishing with a size 24 hook (very, tiny) at a friend's cottage...

This guy attacked my 24 hook and speck of worm:

[Image: 539331_3382716500566_113719845_n.jpg]

Now THAT was fun!! Smile

The magic of the Big fish, little bait struck again Smile
(09-18-2012 08:43 PM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]A few weeks ago, microfishing with a size 24 hook (very, tiny) at a friend's cottage...

This guy attacked my 24 hook and speck of worm:

[Image: 539331_3382716500566_113719845_n.jpg]

Now THAT was fun!! Smile

The magic of the Big fish, little bait struck again Smile

Haha very nice catch. A lot of the times I cant get a fish to hook on a medium sized hook lol.

Giuga10
I recently got the Daiwi Aird spinning reel and rod for some light action panfish! gotta try it out still....
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's