Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Growing Ontario Shore Fishing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello everyone,

I'm really excited about OSF and how much it's developed since we first started this February 2012. Since its inception, OSF has gotten about 2,300 unique visitors.

Hoorah! Thank-you for making OSF what it is Smile

From the get-go I've wanted to focus on creating a beginner-friendly fishing community. A forum where anybody can join in and learn about fishing and what it means, and takes, to catch fish from Ontario's shorelines.

I'm happy with the result and ready to take us to the next level.

To me, that means reaching out to local organizations to facilitate fishing events for newbies. Clinics, if you may. Geared towards children, or anybody interested in the hobby.

What does the next level for OSF mean for you? Share your thoughts and ideas! Big Grin

And thanks again, member, for helping us continue to grow as a new community.

-Michael
(06-22-2012 02:24 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]a beginner-friendly fishing community. A forum where anybody can join in and learn about fishing and what it means, and takes, to catch fish from Ontario's shorelines.

Exactly.

Cheers,

OldTimer
(06-22-2012 02:24 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]What does the next level for OSF mean for you?

A next level OSF to me is a place where you can meetup with people that share the same love of fishing you do and make new friends and enjoy the wonderful sport almost like a family Smile OSF has real potential and I'm exited to see what the future brings.
Here's a new idea for you......... how bout a salt water section ...... there are a few threads on the subject, and I'm sure as the winter comes, and the fly south vacations begin - a few more reports and threads will be initiated.

Cheers,

OldTimer
If exposure and growth is what you want, then I beleive the best way to do that is to physically get out into the community. Show up at Derby's, make t-shirts with the OSF logo, Hand out pamphlets or cards to tackle providers and organize things like garbage derby's and environmental awareness related functions. Let em know we're here and we are involved.

Sponsors are a huge part of this process also. If you contact any Canadian tackle manufaturer and give them something to support, They can be very generous.

Two feet and big loud heartbeat!
(09-10-2012 11:50 AM)Seanook Wrote: [ -> ]If exposure and growth is what you want, then I beleive the best way to do that is to physically get out into the community. Show up at Derby's, make t-shirts with the OSF logo, Hand out pamphlets or cards to tackle providers and organize things like garbage derby's and environmental awareness related functions. Let em know we're here and we are involved.

Sponsors are a huge part of this process also. If you contact any Canadian tackle manufaturer and give them something to support, They can be very generous.

Two feet and big loud heartbeat!

Couldn't have said it better myself. That's a great idea and the best part is that we love what were doing and if we do children's and kids tournaments it will loads of fun helping them out and to watch the little guys reel in whoppers. I would be completely down for this as many of our other members.

Sean, great idea,
Giuga10
Perhaps organize one of the family fishing Weekend events next year and put together a booklet/flyer with tips on fishing from the shore.
(09-17-2012 12:56 PM)Tyger Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps organize one of the family fishing Weekend events next year and put together a booklet/flyer with tips on fishing from the shore.

Nice idea I think I'll be there next year....should be fun Smile

Giuga10
Not sure what fishing level most members are as of yet.

Other fishing board have an Elite section where limited sub members willing to trade and share secrets not openly available for the public to view. Need to send fishing resume or by personal invitation and referrals, and be screened to be approved. Most of these members are not on line braggers, since they have reach a certain level of fishing success and no need to impress others or be someone famous on the social media world.

Though it sound cliquesh, in every competitive sport, there are always levels to be attained. At least the ultimate goal of members will be to earn their way to be part of this elite group. A GREEN JACKET, I GUESS!
Is there a secret handshake too?............. smile

I sorta, kinda, hope that this forum's goal is to help & educate others, while sincerely promoting the sport, and preserving our freedoms.

No?

Regards,

OldTimer
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's