Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Blast from the past-Pictures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello All!

I was going through some old pics and found a few of my catches from back in the day. Please excuse the quality, some of the pics are close to 20 yrs old

My First Laker- Lake ontario
[attachment=184]

My personal best Pike - Lake couchiching
[attachment=185]

One of many Chinook - Credit River
[attachment=186]

Personal Best Sheephead - Bay of Quinte
[attachment=187]

Rainbow Trout - Ganaraska River
[attachment=188]

All of these fish were caught from shore and are within 2 hours from the GTA. I hope you enjoyed!

Cheers!Big Grin
I definitely enjoyed, amazing pictures! I see a kite spool in the sheephead picture. Handlining?
Great stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Was the Lake Trout caught from shore? If so - where, what month?
@MA- The Sheepy was caught on the good ol' rod and reel. Bouncing a worm on the bottom.

@OT- I cant remember all the details from that trip. It was the first and only time Ive caught a Lake Trout. Its on lake ontario about 1-2 hours east of toronto (Port Hope I think). I do remember it was about a 20-30 min walk from where we parked the car to the end of the peir. (Had to walk on this long stretch of boulders). I believe this was in early spring - I want to say march, but could be early april. At the end of the peir we were casting Rapala Deep diving Shad Rap's(you can see mylure on the ground beside me). My uncle landed 2 that day, I landed 1.
(06-26-2012 10:52 PM)wknd outdoorsman Wrote: [ -> ]@OT- I cant remember all the details from that trip. It was the first and only time Ive caught a Lake Trout. Its on lake ontario about 1-2 hours east of toronto (Port Hope I think). I do remember it was about a 20-30 min walk from where we parked the car to the end of the peir. (Had to walk on this long stretch of boulders). I believe this was in early spring - I want to say march, but could be early april. At the end of the peir we were casting Rapala Deep diving Shad Rap's(you can see mylure on the ground beside me). My uncle landed 2 that day, I landed 1.

hahaha you look positively ecstatic in that picture!
(06-26-2012 10:52 PM)wknd outdoorsman Wrote: [ -> ]@OT- I cant remember all the details from that trip. It was the first and only time Ive caught a Lake Trout. Its on lake ontario about 1-2 hours east of toronto (Port Hope I think). I do remember it was about a 20-30 min walk from where we parked the car to the end of the peir. (Had to walk on this long stretch of boulders). I believe this was in early spring - I want to say march, but could be early april. At the end of the peir we were casting Rapala Deep diving Shad Rap's(you can see mylure on the ground beside me). My uncle landed 2 that day, I landed 1.

Port Hope eastern pier has the boulders, and according to this clip from an Ontario study - apparently the Lake Trout too (at certain times of the year):

[attachment=195]

[attachment=196]

Cool.

Cheers,

OldTimer
Nice you have nice memory and uncle
I want to teach fishing and want to show how to fish to my kids..
Awesome pictures.
Been dying to catch a sheeper anyone know a good spot near Markham for them if that's even possible haha.

Thanks,
Giuga10
Here's an old pic.......

My dad in his 1922 BassBoat........... on the Grand River near Sims Lock.

Sleek huh?

[attachment=288]

Cheers,

OldTimer
Impressive!...

How many horses does that floating tree pack?

LOL Smile
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's