Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Fishing Maps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fishing Maps:

Along the way most of us gather maps or handout sketches of the various lakes, rivers and ponds we’ve fished from resort owners, local hotels, information booths, etc.

I start this thread as a way to share this NON COPYRIGHTED material as such – from past trips to locations that are not your regular haunts – to hopefully help others in their adventures.

Here’s my initial contribution – Lovesick Lake – this map is actually a dining room place-mat that the lodge used when I stayed there a few times long ago. I’ve coloured it up a bit - for places we found productive at that time.

Lovesick is a small lake located along the Trent waterway - between Lower Buckhorn and Stoney lakes. Its small size I personally found attractive - you could fish many different structures/depths/species without long runs in your boat. Plus you could if you wished – go to the two surrounding lakes by using the locks. Species include both types of Bass, Muskie and Walleye……. plus the usual pan fish in the canal.

[attachment=201]

Interesting side story – I had a small Muskie (when hooked) actually jump over the bow of our small rented cedar strip boat here. I think I helped it gain momentum as I set the hook right near the boat….. It sure got the attention of my fishin’ buddy who was sitting there…………..

Cheers,

OldTimer
Thanks for sharing Old Timer. Wondering if you know of good spots for shore fishing in the Areas north of GTA within 2 hours drive? Thanks
Your welcome.
Does anyone have a fishing map of Bella?
lovesick is a nice lil stop when we go thru the locks to lower buckhorn....really small and doesn't take much time to figure out where the good spots are...
Reference URL's