Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Next get together
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anybody have anywhere they're dying to check out? Or shall I just pick the generic Toronto Islands Tongue

I'm thinking the Rouge mouth or Frenchman's bay.
I'm interested in the rouge mouth, but to be honest, it seems quite comparable to what i saw at the mouth of highland creek (maybe 2km west of rouge). One older gentlemen caught 1 perch about 4 inches long, i would be surprised if it was 1lb. I did spy a carp moving through the area, but didn't have the tackle ready to target it. There were a few other anglers though and they did seem to be targetting carp, but i didn't see them have any luck while i was there.

However, take this info with a grain of salt, as it was one month ago and i spent 2 hours there at dusk. Maybe conditions are quite different now.

Anwyays, my vote is for the islands first, rouge mouth second. Thanks for organizing!
Hey guys, just wanted to update everybody. Turns out I'm booked solid for the next 3 weekends (all will be including fishing, fortunately Big Grin).

Hopefully we can meet up in August. Looking forward to meeting the new members. Likely will be Islands so we can fish for Pike and Carp!

In the mean time, post up your trips and who knows who will want to join you!
Hi Michael
Is there someone else who can organise these meet ups? How many usually show up? These are close to Toronto which is great. Hopefully there will be other meet ups on other lakes.
(07-14-2012 01:18 PM)grubman Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Michael
Is there someone else who can organise these meet ups? How many usually show up? These are close to Toronto which is great. Hopefully there will be other meet ups on other lakes.

Anybody is welcome to organize a meet-up. So far the site is quite small and so is the group, but it will grow!

Post fishing plans and see who wants to join in Smile
How about Claireville resevoir?
Hi all, Ihave been to end of Lawrence Ave East but nothing bits there so this year hasn't been a good year for me. Anyway if you meet up for next month I can come, just let me.

Thanks
(07-17-2012 12:07 PM)bettercallsaul Wrote: [ -> ]How about Claireville resevoir?

What have you caught there before? Is there alot of fish there?
(07-19-2012 01:46 AM)grubman Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-17-2012 12:07 PM)bettercallsaul Wrote: [ -> ]How about Claireville resevoir?

Never been there, but New World Carp holds tournaments there.
(07-20-2012 07:25 PM)bettercallsaul Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-19-2012 01:46 AM)grubman Wrote: [ -> ]

Never been there, but New World Carp holds tournaments there.

I never gone after carp. Is there a park or some place to cast from shore? There must be other fish there too. I'd give it a try.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's