Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Hello!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone. I've been lurking the forums for a few months now. Finally decided to register and start contributing.

A few details. I've been fishing for a little over 10 years (i'm 24). I'm located in scarborough. I usually go fishing with my old man to the east of Toronto anywhere along the trent-severn waterway canals, locks, dams, hydro plants, etc.

If i can't get out of the city for the majority of the day. I'll make a spin to the scarborough bluffs in pursuit of pike. I've also tried the mouth of the highland creek, and i'm looking forward to checking out the mouth of the rouge river.

I don't drive, but i do have tackle for three (preferbly two) people, so i've been getting my friends involved and we go fishing wherever they're willing to drive.

I'm trying to catch my first urban fish, but the best luck i've had was just a bite from a smallie at the bluffs ponds. Wasn't able to land him, when i checked my jig head hook, i noticed it had been significantly straightened out, probably from a snag i had to rescue my friend from.

Anyways, lots more to talk about, but i'll stop for now. I'm looking forward to getting to know many of you, and sharing lots of information and expereinces.

Cheers!
Hello RiverAngler, welcome to the discussions Smile.

My grandfather lives in scarborough and goes fishing in the trenton area. He loves to fish for drum.

Good on you for getting your friends involved! I've done that before, but it doesn't "stick" to some guys. Well, fishing ain't for everyone, you have to love it!

Hopefully we'll be able to meet up soon and get some urban fish. I've had tough luck at the Bluffs this year myself.
Hey RiverAngler,

Welcome aboard - looking forward to your tales.

Cheers,

OldTimer
Reference URL's