Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: Hi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I been fishing in Ontario for the last 24 or so years off and on. Most of the time I'm using spinning but I have flyfished. I just bought a baitcaster so hoping to get alot of use out of that one. Hope to meet some new fishing buddies here who enjoy being outdoors.
(07-11-2012 12:23 AM)grubman Wrote: [ -> ]I been fishing in Ontario for the last 24 or so years off and on. Most of the time I'm using spinning but I have flyfished. I just bought a baitcaster so hoping to get alot of use out of that one. Hope to meet some new fishing buddies here who enjoy being outdoors.

Hey Jeff!

Welcome aboard!

Which baitcaster did you buy? I was eyeing the Bass Pro Shops Pro qualifier (low profile) and the Abu C3 (round).

Lots of friendly members on here, you'll find new buddies no problem. Tongue
(07-11-2012 12:34 AM)MichaelAngelo Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-11-2012 12:23 AM)grubman Wrote: [ -> ]I been fishing in Ontario for the last 24 or so years off and on. Most of the time I'm using spinning but I have flyfished. I just bought a baitcaster so hoping to get alot of use out of that one. Hope to meet some new fishing buddies here who enjoy being outdoors.

Hey Jeff!

Welcome aboard!

Which baitcaster did you buy? I was eyeing the Bass Pro Shops Pro qualifier (low profile) and the Abu C3 (round).

Lots of friendly members on here, you'll find new buddies no problem. Tongue

I went into my local Canadian tire to look for the Matzuo lures on special, 3 for $12. When I eye the clearance table. I did'nt see anything interesting and decided to go look for the lures. At the very end of the table was the rod butt with baitcaster reel, a Rapala Snyc. The tip was snapped off and still inside the butt, and one of the reel handles was also snapped off. With no price on it I had a guy scan it, he said it's $90. I said can't be all busted up like this, he tells me to talk to the manager in customer service. They scan it and Their cost price is $60. I told them if I take it or order the handle alone it's gonna cost $20 plus shipping. The broken butt is virtually useless without the tip. So she did not know what to charge me and asked how much I'd pay for it. I said $20, to my amazement she told the cashier to ring it up $20. The reel is working fine and there is the manufacter's tag on the rod, they are in Oshawa. I'm gonna take the whole outfit to them to see if I can get a replacement tip and pull out the broken bit inside. But for now I can use the reel on my Mitchell rod. Sometimes it pays to negotiate, the worst that would have happened was that they would sell it for $60, no one buys it and they throw it away. They recovered some of their loss and I got it for $20. Always ask......you never know.
Welcome to the forum Grubman.

Cheers,

OldTimer
Wow $20 bucks! It sure pays to ask Tongue...

Now I have to go looking for broken things hahahah Tongue

Funny thing was that the reel was still in great shape! I guess they couldn't sell it separately because it was 1 item with the rod in their inventory.
Reference URL's