Ontario Shore Fishing Forum

Full Version: New User and Hello
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello All;

Name is Daniel and been fishing since I was young, but haven't really fish in Canada (originally from Malaysia - Fished tilapia, the invasive carp and invasive Snakehead tons back home).

Just started to pick up the sport here. Hoping to meet new people here, maybe even find a fishing buddy or 10 to travel / fish and meet up and definitely to learn more about fishing in Canada. I am located in Brampton area.
Hey Daniel,

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll find both friends, and lots of info here.

Regards,

OldTimer
Hello Daniel! Welcome aboard Smile.

Do you have pictures of the fish from back home? I'd love to see 'em!
Unfortunaly no pictures and i regret it.. went back to visit Malaysia few years back and all my fav. fishing holes have not been replaced with houses or industrial sites.. plus overfishing (no catch and release practice).

I have to say that the weirdest thing I ever caught with a hook and worm is a monitor lizard (about 3 feet long). Didnt even have to fight it up to shore, it just swam up to me Big Grin.
(07-27-2012 08:52 AM)Dseow Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunaly no pictures and i regret it.. went back to visit Malaysia few years back and all my fav. fishing holes have not been replaced with houses or industrial sites.. plus overfishing (no catch and release practice).

I have to say that the weirdest thing I ever caught with a hook and worm is a monitor lizard (about 3 feet long). Didnt even have to fight it up to shore, it just swam up to me Big Grin.

Sorry to hear about all the overfishing and loss of fishing sites Sad.

Nice catch! I used to have a 3 foot pet water monitor, they're incredible animals! Very smart Tongue. Lots of work so I sold him.

Did you end up getting the hook out or did you cut the line LOL
AHHA.. lets see, I was about 12 then, i basically dropped my rod and everything i had, me and my buddies hopped on our bicycle and took off as fast as we could.

came back about 15 minutes later, my rod was gone and our bait was gone, but our tackle was still there.. I did find my rod couple days later , but not usable.
(07-27-2012 10:35 AM)Dseow Wrote: [ -> ]AHHA.. lets see, I was about 12 then, i basically dropped my rod and everything i had, me and my buddies hopped on our bicycle and took off as fast as we could.

came back about 15 minutes later, my rod was gone and our bait was gone, but our tackle was still there.. I did find my rod couple days later , but not usable.

LOL! That's amazing, you guys booked it! hahahah

Also amazing that you ended up finding the rod again!
Reference URL's